The Navigation Satellite lets you "look" at any discovered surface through the eyes of the satellite you launched to discover it. It is accessible by pressing the (n) keybinding, or by accessing the Universe Explorer (u) and then selecting the "View Surface" button for the surface of interest.
- You can toggle between map mode and character mode (but you do not have a character) the same way you normally would by clicking the minimap or the (m) keybinding.
- When not in map view you can still:
- Rotate entities (as long as you aren't mixing fluids)
- Set splitter conditions
- Change recipes
- Add/remove red, green, or copper wire
- Use blueprints, ghosts, deconstruction and upgrade planners, as well as cut/copy/paste